Back to the Ascend basics
With the busy season right around the corner, now is the time to start thinking about seasonal staff. Whether you have returning staff members or brand-new employees, they might need some help with their Ascend basics.
Getting started in AU: When you add new staff members, help them set up an Ascend University (AU) account so they can easily access our training videos. Here’s how to create a new account:
- Navigate to ascend.university.
- Select Create Account.
- If you have a Trek University account, you can select login to log in with your Trek University credentials.
- If you don’t have a Trek University account, select Create Account.
- Select Retailer or Dealer for Who do you work for?. Then click Continue.
- Select the appropriate position for What is your role? and then click Continue.
- Use the search box to find your shop or company. All retailers that use Ascend should already be in the system, and you should not need to create a new company.
- Select your Location.
- Fill out the profile information (including name, email address, and password).
- Select Submit.
After you log into AU, you can select a specific school of training (Sales, Inventory, and Services) under Training. Each school then has more specific subjects where you can find your training modules. Have your new staff select the subject Getting Started in each area to see sales, services, and inventory videos that target new users.
All in one place: As a manager, you might have specific tasks in mind for your seasonal staff, so you’ll want to know what they’re learning. Check out our Getting Started document to see what is covered in the Getting Started AU videos. Each icon is interactive; click them to watch the videos yourself and see exactly what your staff is learning. Just don’t forget to log into your AU account first!
Other resources: There are a lot of other useful resources your staff should know about as they get started with Ascend. Make sure to:
- Show them the Help site,
- Have them request an Ascend Customer Network login,
- Let them know we have new blog posts every week, full of important info and reminders,
- And get them on the email list.
Reviewing our resources regularly will help make sure you and your staff stay in the Ascend loop! If they have a question about something, there’s a good chance someone else has had it too. So, there’s a good chance the answer is already in a Help topic, an Ascend University video, or ACN conversation.
We need training too: Next week, the Ascend Support line will have special hours to accommodate staff training. The support line will be closed:
- 8AM-11AM CST on Tuesday, May 9th
- 8AM-11AM CST Wednesday, May 10th
- 8AM-11AM CST Thursday, May 11th
Thank you for your patience as we work to keep our skills sharp (so we can better help you and your team!).
Tags: Ascend University, limited support, Online Help, seasonal, Training, Yammer