Don't Get Caught by Surprise
New Years Eve will be here sooner than you think! Start the new year off right by preparing today.
- Backup: Nightly Ascend Backups are always recommended, but you should also make sure to save your year-end backup in a safe place. Backup your database to an external drive, then store it separate from the server or off-site, if possible.
- Review: Print your Inventory by Category Summary and Customer Liability Summary reports at the end of the day on December 31st so that you have your tax information ready when needed. You should also check for outstanding Work Orders and Layaways, then clean-up old or inaccurate transactions.
- Inventory: Perform a Physical Inventory and print a hard copy of the results. Don’t forget to review Negative Inventory at this time too. This can help you organize and clear-out older products, but it also helps your database stay healthy.
- Order: We work hard to provide you with the best system and the best support. That’s why we give you the option to order hardware and supplies directly from us. Easily ensure compatibility and get peace of mind with our warranty. Interested in an estimate? Email our Sales Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the Integration drop-down menu from the Ascend Desktop, hover over Ascend and click on Order Hardware and Supplies to place an order today.
- Watch: Still learning how to use our newest features? Watch our short (and helpful) video tutorials now.
Those taking advantage of our integration with Quickbooks should also:
- Verify: Look over your QuickBooks sales and cost of goods sold values by comparing the Ascend Activity Summary to the QuickBooks Profit & Loss report. Ensure Accounts Payable is accurate and remember that you can download Trek invoices from Dexter for import into QuickBooks.
- Audit: Review your Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet reports for oddities.
- Balance: Reconcile your Bank and Credit Card accounts.
Need more help? Contact the Ascend Support Team from 8am to 6pm CST Mon-Fri at 877 875 8663 or email our on-staff QuickBooks ProAdvisors at email@example.com for questions. Just remember: we’ll be Closed on New Years day (1/1/2015) but will offer emergency support from 9am until 6pm CST.Tags: backup, end-of-year, Inventory, order, QuickBooks, Sales