Best System. Best Support. It’s the motto we live by, and we take it very seriously. But what does “Best Support” really mean? We’re billing our first installment of yearly support fees this week, so it’s a great time to brush up on all the resources you have at your fingertips.
Personal Technical Support. No Hassles.
We’d bet the first thing you think of when you picture “support” is the technical support team that answers your phone calls and emails. And we wouldn’t blame you! We’re consistently reminded by our retailers that the Ascend Support Team is the best in the business. During normal business hours, our goal is to answer 90% of the calls that come into our support phone line within 30 seconds – and we generally meet or exceed this goal. But we don’t sacrifice quality just to meet our goals – we’ll take care of you, no matter how long it takes. We don’t limit the number of times you can call, either.
And on nights and weekends, we’ve still got you covered with emergency on-call support at no extra charge. The tech on call will generally get back to you within 15 minutes.
Don’t have the time to be tied up on the phone? Send us an email and our techs will start work on the problem. As soon as we have something to report, we’ll make contact. It’s that easy.
Ready-Made Vendor Files
Our Data Coordinators work hard to scrub product data sent by your vendors and format it so that you can easily import the details into Ascend. They’ve built relationships with many of the top vendors in order to work out schedules for consistent updates and proactively reach out to others to facilitate timely rollouts.
Help Yourself (To Our Training Resources)
While we love to talk to our retailers, we have a host of comprehensive self-help resources accessible 24/7/365. No matter what your role or how you prefer to learn, we’ve got a resource you’ll love! Check them out below:
- Online Help: Step-by-step instructions for performing just about any function you can find in the Ascend program suite. Search for the phrase you’re looking for, or browse topics arranged by area or category. Look for the question mark icons throughout the Ascend program, or click the Learn tab on our website. No login required!
- Ascend University: Videos and quizzes help to solidify your learning, and guide you on your way to becoming an Ascend Sherpa. Click the Watch tab on our website. Already have a Trek University account? Use the same account to log into Ascend University! Of course, you can also set up a brand new account.
- Release Notes: Get the rundown on all the new features and fixes in the latest version of the program. Skipped a few versions? No worries – browse previous versions’ release notes, too! In the Ascend client, click the Update Ascend tile and browse directly from the program.
- Feature Overviews: View short (less than five minutes) videos reviewing the new features found in recent releases. Click the Preview tab on our website.
- Blog: Tips and tricks, important news, team bios, sneak peeks of upcoming releases, and more! Click the Read tab on our website, or email email@example.com to sign up for the email list.
- Website: Your central location for all things Ascend. Access vendor update spreadsheets, installer downloads, and printable process PDFs. Access all of other resources from one easy place.
- Ascend Customer Network (ACN): Our private social network for retailers to connect with each other and the entire Ascend Team. Ask questions about our programs and recommended processes, get other retailers’ opinions on processes outside of Ascend, and get notifications of important news and system outages.
Make Yourself Heard
Our users’ feedback is important. Unfortunately, with over 1,200 individual shops worldwide, it’s difficult to keep the list of great ideas organized, prioritized, and relevant for the majority of our retailers. To help with this task, we’ve created a UserVoice forum for our users to record their ideas and “vote” on those they’d find most useful.
Don’t have an account, or aren’t sure if you do? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your shop name and email address (and whether you’re looking to get set up or need help resetting your account).
Go with the Flow
We release a new version of Ascend every quarter – that’s four releases a year. We don’t charge a separate fee for each version, and we don’t offer different “levels” of the program based on how much you’ve paid. Updating is easy, and each version is packed with great features and fixes. We also don’t charge on a per-computer basis – you can install Ascend on as many computers as your network can handle.
What does this mean for you? Basically, it means you should keep a close eye on your current version of Ascend. It’s always a good idea to stay updated to ensure that you’re keeping your database and your workstations as healthy as possible.
May Sales: Don’t miss out on these great hardware deals in May!
- Standard client (workstation) PCs are 5% off.
- Standard server PCs are 10% off.
- Cash drawers are 10% off.
- Epson receipt printers are $50 off.
Still not sold? We haven’t even shared the best part: all hardware purchases over $500 qualify for special financing terms. And all PC purchases include Dell Gold Warranty coverage for three years – this means that if anything goes wrong with the computer, you can call Dell’s Gold-level technical support, and repairs will be made on-site as soon as the next business day.
Contact our Sales Team at email@example.com to order today!
Spring 2016 Update: Due to some issues reported with the Spring 2016 version, we put a hold on new updates. Unfortunately, fixing these issues is taking longer than we expected.
Because we want to get it right, rather than just quickly, we’ve decided to instead skip additional Spring updates and simply release everything (including the fixes) in Summer 2016. The Summer 2016 version of Ascend is expected for wide release on June 21st. If you’d like to be part of our Early Release group, please email the Ascend Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Summer 2016 Early Release”.Tags: help, May, Release, Resources, Sales, Training, User, Vendor