Make the most
There are a lot of ways to stay connected with us. Whether you need help, suggestions, or just want to share some feedback with our team, we’ve got something for you! We’re billing our first installment of yearly support fees this soon, so it’s a great time to brush up on all the resources you have at your fingertips.
Read on to see how you can make the most of your investment and learn how to access all of our channels.
One-on-one support. No hassles.
We’d bet the first thing you think of when you picture “support” is the technical support team that answers your phone calls and emails. And we wouldn’t blame you! We’re consistently reminded by our retailers that the Ascend Support Team is the best in the business. During normal business hours, our goal is to answer 90% of the calls that come into our support phone line within 30 seconds – and we generally meet or exceed this goal. But we don’t sacrifice quality just to meet our goals – we’ll take care of you, no matter how long it takes. We also don’t limit the number of times you can call. If you’re got a problem with your system, we’re here to help!
And on nights and weekends, we’ve still got you covered with emergency on-call support at no extra charge. The tech on call will generally get back to you within 15 minutes to assist with any issues preventing you from processing sales.
Don’t have the time to be tied up on the phone? Submit a ticket and our techs will start work on the problem in the order that it was received. As soon as we have something to report, we’ll make contact. It’s that easy.
Customized vendor files, ready for import.
Our Data Coordinators work hard to scrub product data sent by your vendors and format it so that you can easily import the details into Ascend. They’ve built relationships with many of the top vendors in order to work out schedules for consistent updates and proactively reach out to others to facilitate timely roll outs.
Versatile self-help resources. Open 24/7/365.
While we love to talk to our retailers, but we also have a host of comprehensive self-help resources accessible 24/7/365. No matter what your role or how you prefer to learn, we’ve got a resource you’ll love! Check them out below:
- Online Help: Step-by-step instructions for performing functions in Ascend. Search for the phrase you’re looking for or browse topics arranged by area or category. Look for the question mark icons throughout the Ascend program, or click the Help tab on our website.
- Ascend University: Videos and quizzes help to solidify your learning, and guide you on your way to becoming an Ascend Sherpa. Just head to http://ascend.university. Already have a Trek University account? Use the same account to log into Ascend University! Of course, you can also set up a brand new account.
- Release Notes: Get the rundown on all the new features and fixes in the latest version of the program. Skipped a few versions? No worries – browse previous versions’ release notes, too! In the Ascend client, click the Update Ascend tile and browse directly from the program.
- Feature Overviews: View short (less than five minutes) videos reviewing the new features found in recent releases. Click the Updates tab on our website.
- Blog: Tips and tricks, important news, team bios, sneak peeks of upcoming releases, and more! Click the Blog tab on our website, or email email@example.com to sign up for the email list.
- Website: Your central location for all things Ascend. Access vendor update spreadsheets, installer downloads, and printable process PDFs. Access all of other resources from one easy place.
- Ascend Customer Network (ACN): Our private social network for retailers to connect with each other and the entire Ascend Team. Ask questions about our programs and recommended processes, get other retailers’ opinions on processes outside of Ascend, and get notifications of important news and system outages.
Make yourself heard.
Our users’ feedback is important. Unfortunately, with over 1,300 individual shops worldwide, it’s difficult to keep the list of great ideas organized, prioritized, and relevant for the majority of our retailers. To help with this task, we’ve created a UserVoice forum for our users to record their ideas and “vote” on those they’d find most useful.
Don’t have an account or aren’t sure if you do? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your shop name and email address (and whether you’re looking to get set up or need help resetting your account).
We release a new version of Ascend every quarter – that’s four releases a year. We don’t charge a separate fee for each version, and we don’t offer different “levels” of the program based on how much you’ve paid. Updating is easy, and each version is packed with great features and fixes. We also don’t charge on a per-computer basis – you can install Ascend on as many computers as your network can handle.
What does this mean for you? Basically, it means you should keep a close eye on your current version of Ascend. It’s always a good idea to stay updated to ensure that you’re keeping your database and your workstations as healthy as possible.
Tags: Feedback, help, Self-Help, Support, Update