Start the New Year Right
New Year’s Eve is sneaking up fast! We can help you keep your 2016 retail resolutions with a few simple steps in the final days of 2015.
- Backup: Since our Summer 2015 update, your nightly backups can be set to happen automatically. However, your end-of-the-year backup is one you may want to save for the long term. Make sure you store your December 31st backup in a safe place so it isn’t accidentally deleted!
- Review: Print your Inventory by Category Summary and Customer Liability Summary reports at the end of the day on December 31st. Hold on to those reports – you will want them when tax season rolls in! This is also a good time to check your Work Orders, Layaways and Quotes to clean up old or inaccurate transactions.
- Inventory: If you haven’t already completed a Physical Inventory (and printed a hard copy of the results), do it soon and start 2016 fresh! No time? Review and clean up your Negative Inventory report at a minimum.
- Order: We work hard to provide you with the Best System and Best Support. That’s why you can order hardware and supplies directly from us and get a fabulous warranty! Interested? Email our Sales team at email@example.com. You can also place an order today in the Ascend Desktop by clicking on the Order Supplies icon.
Does your shop integrate QuickBooks with Ascend? Great! You have a little more work to do – but we promise it’s worth it.
- Verify: Look over your QuickBooks sales and cost of goods sold values. Compare the QuickBooks Profit & Loss report to the Ascend Activity Summary. Ensure Accounts Payable is accurate. Remember – you can download Trek invoices from Dexter to import into QuickBooks.
- Audit: Review your Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet reports. Are there any oddities?
- Balance: Reconcile your Bank and Credit Card accounts.
Need more help? Contact Ascend Support or email our on-staff QuickBooks ProAdvisors at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Happy New Year from all of us at Ascend!Tags: Ascend, backup, Inventory