Things are heating up
It may be chilly outside, but that’s no reason to put off your full-store inventory! Make sure you and your inventory scanner are warmed up and ready to go on the big day. You should also write down some upcoming limited support hours. And if you’re not on the Winter 2017 version of Ascend yet, take some time to update.
In the meantime, make sure to check out our various resources located on our Help site. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconveniences.
Winter is here: Over 70% of our retailers worldwide are already on the Winter 2017 version of Ascend. If you’re not one of them, it’s time to get it on your calendar. Make sure to set aside plenty of time outside of store hours to run both the Ascend update and the firmware update for your Ingenico(s).
Inventory scanners and WMDC: If your computer has Windows 10, you might need to update some settings before Windows Mobile Device Center will work with your inventory scanner.
If you cradle the scanner and Windows Mobile Device Center does not open on the computer, start by checking the cords for the cradle, making sure the scanner is cradled correctly, and that the scanner is charged if it hasn’t been used in a while.
Still don’t see Windows Mobile Device center? Then follow these steps:
- Open Programs and Features on your computer and scroll to Windows Mobile Device Center and Windows Mobile Device Center Driver Update. Make sure both are on version 6.1.6965.0.
- Open Services on your computer and scroll to Windows Mobile-based device connectivity and Windows Mobile-2003-based device connectivity. If needed, right-click on each to stop the program from running.
- Right-click on each and select Properties > Log on tab.
- Fill the radio button for Local system account.
- Check the box for allow this service to interact with desktop. Then click OK.
- Right-click each service and select Start.
And that should do the trick! If you’re still not able to access Windows Mobile Device Center, check out our other troubleshooting tips for the MC2180 or give us a call on the support line.